SHE Manager; Ethanol Facility
This leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods is seeking a dynamic Safety, Health, & Environmental (SHE) Manager to lead the safety, health & environmental efforts at their ethanol plant in Norfolk, NE by exercising practical business knowledge to ensure both regulatory and company EHS requirements are implemented.
- Assess existing processes against both internal and external regulatory requirements
- Provide SHE compliance, risk management and project management leadership to the facility
- Develop, coordinate, and implement facility SHE management system, goals, policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Coordinate with NAM SHE leadership, regulators, customers, employees, contractors, and other stakeholders regarding facility SHE matters
- Develop and monitor SHE CAPEX expenditures and budgets
- Audit and assess SHE processes; and implement corrective actions
- Monitor and oversee routine SHE compliance activities (i.e., SPCC, Air)
- Monitor and oversee medical and Workman’s Comp activities
- Ensure the facility’s strategy, processes, and resources are aligned with the company’s vision and plan
- Establish improvement strategies for both short- and long-term goals
- Ensure that adequate resources are identified for regulatory compliance and risk management activities
- Continually develop SHE knowledge and competency, develop both federal and state regulatory expertise, and participate in local and state level SHE activities
- Ensure SHE team and process leaders are continually improving utilizing the “plan, do, check, act” (PDCA) process, and ensure that appropriate recognition and accountability processes are in place
- BS degree; in a technical field preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification strongly recommended
- 3-5 years of direct experience in safety; occupational health and environmental compliance.
- Experience working in the Industrial Agricultural Manuf Industries; biofuels or chemical processing industries preferred
- Strong working knowledge of the regulatory requirements applicable to the facility (e.g., OSHA, EPA, USDA, DOT).
- Demonstrated ability to produce measurable results
- Ability to work in a setting that may contain adverse weather conditions and environmental conditions typical of an agricultural commodity and chemical processing plant.
- Ability to climb stairs, use ladders, work at heights, enter confined spaces, withstand extended periods of walking and standing, crawling, and bending. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Salary: $80K-$95K, up to 20% bonus; 401K, relocation assist, EOE, No Sponsorship