Port Allen LA
Master Electrician; Grain Export Terminal; Port Allen, LA
Founded in the mid-1800s, this company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. The company’s activities across a diversified range of business lines span the entire value chain, from origination to distribution, helping to feed and clothe up to 500 million people every year.
This position will serve as a working supervisor while assisting with the planning of maintenance and management of electricians and instrument technicians conducting maintenance and repairs of operating equipment for an export grain and oilseed facility. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by his supervisor.
- Supporting overall objectives of the maintenance department including establishing the commitment to zero-incident safety culture
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environmental policies, rules, and procedures pertinent to area of responsibility and ensuring all applicable requirements are adhered
- Setting proper expectations and overseeing proper adherence to all life critical permits for all tasks performed by all employees under their supervision.
- Leading actively and visibly in the field by conducting inspections, removing barriers, towards the safe and efficient execution of electrical and instrumentations repairs
- Leading electricians and instrument technicians by coaching, mentoring, and day to day supervision
- Working with the planner scheduler to plan all predictive, preventive and corrective work pertaining to electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
- Determining employee skill levels and ensuring skillset needed for the maintenance and repairs of all electrical, instrumentation, and control systems is available.
- Holding regular meetings with personnel to plan/isolate and repair equipment
- Planning and executing emergent repairs to electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Collaborating with the Parts Lead to procure all required parts for the electrical, instrumentation, and control systems
- Utilizing CMMS system to document work and parts utilized in repairs
- Maintaining and updating equipment information including parts data and the repairing of files.
- Planning and supervising jobs and projects as directed to ensure a safe, timely and cost-effective outcome.
- Collecting and processing predictive/reliability data from electrical, instrumentation, and control systems.
- Maintaining good communication with production personnel and Maintenance Superintendent.
- Learning plant process and procedures for better understanding of how equipment is utilized.
- Ensuring employees are provided required training for area, jobs, and tasks prior to assigning work.
- Reporting unsafe working conditions to management and communicates potential hazards to affected employees.
- Performing job/cost analysis, safety/risk analysis, and preventative maintenance analysis for electrical, instrumentation and control equipment.
- Leading and/or participating in RCA for major failures of electrical, instrumentation, and control equipment.
- Ensuring orderly shift change by communicating issues and/or ongoing tasks with operations staff, Maintenance Superintendent, and maintenance staff.
- Collecting, recording and analyzing production (including downtime) data to optimize efficiencies and product quality.
- Conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Performing all required inspection rounds, which includes recording all visual damage and mechanical problems that occur while on shift.
- Ensuring the work area is kept clean and free from safety hazards.
- Conducting “toolbox” maintenance and safety meetings as required
- Accepting and carrying out other duties as assigned.
- > 5 yrs exp repairing of electrical instrumentation and control systems including PLC, VFD, ladder logic.
- > 5 yrs exp troubleshooting and repairing of electrical systems including transformers and other electrical power distribution equipment.
- >2 yrs exp in a lead or supervisory role within maintenance.
- Journeyman License or Master Electrician License; Certification in LA preferred
- Associates or Bachelors in related fields, such as, maritime, accounting, agriculture, and/or business; preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems associated with the operation of bulk handling equipment (PLC, VFD, ladder logic).
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems.
- Knowledge of bulk conveying equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and industrial processing machinery.
- Experience with PC based maintenance programs and conducts training and follow up with technicians in the use of these systems.
- Knowledge of manufacturing regulatory and safety requirements the facility operates under (e.g., OSHA, EPA, BATF, NDEQ, UBC).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to give direction with respect to operation/repairs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders as well as work at extended heights of 175 feet, manage confined space entry, withstand extended periods of walking and standing, and move manufacturing materials, products and equipment of 50 pounds or more, which requires regular bending and lifting.
- Strong leadership skills.
Salary: Competitive – based on exp/edu/skills/ldrsp; Strong Benefits; 401K; Relo Assist; EOE; NO Sponsorship