Grand Junction IA
Merchandiser; Ethanol Facility
Merchandiser; Ethanol Facility; Grand Junction, IA
Overall Purpose and Objective of Position
This position originates corn and negotiates forward contracts to buyers of distillers’ grains, assists and implements in devising corn origination strategies and distiller’s grains sales programs and manages logistics and receivables in support of the ethanol processing operation at a dry mill ethanol plant. Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions
· Gathers news, statistics and information related to individual commodity supply and demand from customers and trade sources, and distributes that information to the remainder of the group to support overall strategic trading/positioning (i.e., contributes to research function)
- BS in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Business Administration or other business discipline
- >1-yr exp in one or more of the following: Commodity Merchandising/Origination/Trading, Commodity Risk Management, and/or logistics (i.e., coordination of shipments and deliveries)
- 2 to 5 years of previous experience merchandising corn, soymeal, DDG, ethanol and/or energy products
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (including any physical demands)
- Basic knowledge of futures markets, hedging and arbitrage
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills, including basic knowledge of statistics, algebra (e.g., supply and demand relationships, analysis of price relationships)
- Ability to organize multiple responsibilities, prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software, (e.g., Excel and MS Word).
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Processes a variety of information and data to devise and execute trading strategies. Negotiates with trade counterparts to maximize corporate returns. Advises and recommends trading strategies, assesses risk pertaining to buying and selling in the ethanol market and negotiates contract terms with clients.
Salary: $65-$80K; strong benefits; relocation assist; EOE; No Sponsorship